Key books to guide this project

Posted: Monday, February 21, 2011 by Janek in Labels: , , , ,
0

This movie will mix various thematics. I think the main problematic will be inspired by Anticipation books.The story background probably will take place in a distopian world, a kind of modern soft and accepted dictatorship.

My key books are :
- Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
- 1984 - George Orwell
- We - Ievgueni Zamiatine  (in french : Nous autres)
- This perfect day - Ira Levin (Un bonheur insoutenable)
- Brave New World - Aldous Huxley (Le meilleur des mondes)

The graphic style and thematics related to technology will be inspired by Cyberpunk.

My key books in this domain are :
- Neuromancer - William Gibson (Neuromancien)
- Count Zero - William Gibson (Comte Zéro)
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Philip K. Dick (Blade Runner)

It's the base. In specific topics, I will talk about some less famous books like Soft Goulag - Yves Velan and La Zone du Dehors - Alain Damasio.

Other books that inspired me : 
- The World Inside - Robert Silveberg (Les Monades urbaines)
- The Robot series - Isaac Asimov (Le Cycle des Robots)
- Mockingbird - Walter Tevis (L'Oiseau d'Amérique)
- The Wave - Todd Strasser (La Vague)
- Ravage - René Barjavel

Don't hesitate to suggest me some key books ! Thanks ! :)

---
Photo by Janek. These books inspire me for this project.

0 comments: